[Kmymoney] choosing payee fields for autofill

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jul 3 13:24:59 UTC 2014

Ian,

On Thursday 03 July 2014 14:16:23 Ian Millington wrote:

> Hi I'm wondering if you can help me.
>
> I'm using KMM 4.6.6 on kubuntu 14.04. I've been using KMM for a couple
> of years now, loving it. I have it configured to autofill, the main
> purpose being for automatically allocating payees to categories.
>
> However, in respect of a number of payees certain information is
> auto-completed that I would prefer to be left out, these are:
>
> Notes. As an example, when I input a payment to Amazon, the notes
> section repeatedly shows the 1st purchase that I made from them. Another
> one, a petrol station continues to show a vehicle that I sold a couple
> of years ago. I would prefer that part of the transaction to remain
> blank if possible.
>
> Also, a couple of weeks ago in respect of 1 payee I accidentally entered
> the transaction amount in the cheque number field. Whilst I edited the
> transaction I now find that every time I select that payee KMM
> auto-inputs the data into the cheque number field.
>
>  From the GUI auto-complete appears to be an "all or nothing" situation,
> it either remembers these things or it doesn't. turning it off also
> turns off the useful bits. Is there a text file somewhere that I can
> edit to clear data shown in the notes /cheque number fields in respect
> of a particular payee please?

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.formats.html
explains the general format of the data file. In case you did not do anything
special, the GZIP variant is used in your installation. See
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.formats.compressed.html for some more details.

Hope that helps.

p.s. Playing with the contents of the data file is not recommended and you are
on your own. Keep backups. You have been warned ;)

God is real... unless declared an integer