[Kmymoney] Finance:Quote:za share quotes

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sun May 5 09:22:34 UTC 2013

Hi

I am running KMM 4.6.3 on Mint13

When doing an 'Update Stock and Currency Prices' on Finance:Quote:za,
the program failed on all shares. The error is 'no price or no date'.

This has been for some time now so I looked back on similar problems and
solutions that I had previously had, but everything seemed ok from my side.
I also updated the Finance:Quote package from 1.17 to 1.18, but no joy.

I then checked out financequote.pl script and set it in diagnostic mode.
This led me to /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Finance/Quote/ZA.pm which is part
of the Finance:Quote package. I traced back to the sharenet web page and found
that the program was looking in the wrong tables and wrong places in the right
tables. It looks like the sharenet web page has changed its format.

I am not familiar with perl, but managed to get ZA.pm working and found that some
changes were also necessary in financequote.pl which is the kmm frontend to
Finance:Quote.

It is working fine now, but I am not sure what to do about the changes. If anybody
is interested please let me know. I wonder how many others are using F:Q:za and have
had similar problems?

Regards
Timothy