[Kmymoney] What do I need to be able to compile from git?

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 26 13:26:56 UTC 2012

On 2012.06.26 07:01, Magnus Larsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to compile KMM from git. I have downloaded the source,
> and installed a number of dev libraries, but still get errors when
> doing the configure (first step). Is there a list of dependecies
> somewhere, needed to compile (more specific than on the git page)?

In addition to Thomas' response, a good way to start checking for
dependencies is to check the dependencies of your distribution's KMM
package, and install the corresponding devel packages.  Unfortunately,
this only gives you the first level, so you often still need to
  - try to configure/compile
  - find the next error
  - figure out which package is missing
  - install it
repeat, often many times.  As you have discovered, it is not always
easy to figure out which package is missing.  I think this is a task
that must be learned over time, often asking for help here, on the
-devel list, or on IRC.