[Kmymoney] Payees/Payers

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 22 22:45:29 UTC 2012

I agree with 1 and 2.  However, 3 depends on what accounts you are
using.  If you have a cash account and a bank account, then when
someone purchases eggs, that is recorded as a deposit from that payee
(person or store) into the cash account for the "egg sales" category.
The cash account represents the money in the cash-box at home (or
wherever you keep it when you sell the eggs.)  When you deposit money
from the cash box into the bank, that is just a transfer from the cash
account to the bank account.  You do not need a payee or a category for
that transaction.

Please ask for more detail if this does not make sense to you or you
have any more questions.

Jack