[Kmymoney] KMM - get online account update, some problems

Michael Berger idest at online.de
Wed Sep 21 05:36:21 UTC 2011

Morning Werner,
having faced same or similar problems to get Aqbanking working I went through
an ocean of trials and errors.

This is what I currently have:
openSUSE 11.4 (i586)
KDE 4.6
gwenhywfar and associates 4.2.1-33.1
aqbanking 5.0.14-39.3
(please, furnish your versions next time)

Out of the many things I did in the course of trying make AqBanking work I can
without doubt state that you will have to have gwenhywfar 4.2.1 in place (the
latest version I found).
And that is in line what Thomas Baumgart had told me from the beginning.

Secondly - provided your bank is requiring the same TAN method - you should
see what is shown in the screen shot in the 'Selected TAN Method' field.
But next to that 962 will also do the job.
And that again is fully in line with what my Bank's expert in charge has
repeatedly told me.
By updating gwenhywfar to the version shown you should be presented with 972.

From the second screen shot you can see the repositories I was searching for
and eventually installed gwenhywfar from.

I have to warn you here. Be extremely careful when installing modules and
packages from repositories that are not (yet) part of the original openSUSE
11.4 release and do install only the minimum needed.
You should consider to disable these "Factory" reps in the repository list and
re-enable only if and when needed.

In my case there is however one ugly flaw left:
I am having my own account and five accounts of other people to manage. I am
fully authorized to perform whatsoever action on these people's accounts.
(And, of course on my own account as well).
But while everything works just fine with those five accounts it does NOT with
my own account!!! (".... update job not supported by bank/backend..)
Needless to say that all accounts are with the same Bank and all six accounts'
setups are absolutely identical.

Thomas, I think this mystery must be caused by Fiducia or the Bank or both and
is not something my software is to blame for!?
Can you give a hint?

Werner, hope this helps!

Michael Berger