[Kmymoney] Re: Expenses Entries

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 14:52:56 CET 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 07:41:07 -0500
coffee <coffee412 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Iam new to the mailing list and also to Kmymoney.  Kmymoney looks
> like a great program and Im using it with my small business. However,
> Perhaps its my novice accounting skills but I dont understand this
> quite.
>
> In categories / Expenses / Cost of Goods Sold - I cannot enter any
> data. I assume that this is for keeping track of a profit or loss type
> transaction. But The transaction buttons are greyed out. In fact, I
> find that in all the expense categories. Perhaps I did something
> wrong in the install or like I said - Im a novice at accounting.
>
> Any help for this newbie is appreciated!
>
> coffee

I would normally enter or edit transactions while in Ledger view.  You
are able there to select the appropriate category for the transaction.

If you are able to enter details but not accept the transaction, ensure
that the opening date for the account, via account edit, is before the
earliest transaction.

In case its relevant, tell us the KMM version you are using, and from
where you obtained it.

Alllan