[Kmymoney-devel] Debugging plugins

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Sat Mar 29 09:51:11 UTC 2014

Am Samstag, 29. März 2014, 11:51:31 schrieb Chris:
> I have added the path to the bin folder to QT_PLUGIN_PATH I have also tried
> adding the application path by calling
> QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath(QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath());
> inside the KApplication Constructor
[…]
> Without copying the plugins to the lib folder each time how can I debug it?

Hi Chris,

KMyMoney uses KDE's KService Trader to find available plugins [1]. To allow it
to find them you can set the environment variable KDEDIRS. You still have to
install KMyMoney to generate the correct folder hierarchy. But you can use
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to make a clean install somewhere (then set KDEDIRS to
the path you gave CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX).

Maybe you have to update KService's cache by running kbuildsycoca4 . With
ktraderclient --servicetype "KMyMoneyPlugin"
you can gain useful information.

Hope that helps.

Greetings
Chris