[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request: Adding Tags to Kmymoney - first draft

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Oct 26 06:48:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Friday 26 October 2012 00:54:32 Alessandro Russo wrote:

[...]

> I tried to replicate it but I can't see any crash. Can you re-check it
> again? Maybe you did some other things before the cancel that caused the
> crash. Did you applied the last revision of the patch?

Keep in mind, that option and parameter settings can influence this behavior.

> > - Splipts. I recall you asked in some post how these should work. I think
> > there should be possibility to add different tags for different splits
> > into
> > the same transaction. For example, let's assume I have two cars and
> > tags for
> > them named "Car 1" and "Car 2". I also have category "other car
> > accessories".
> > Now I buy new windscreen wipers for both cars at the same time. So I
> > will end
> > up to have one transaction with two splits, so in order to get correct
> > expence
> > report for both cars, I need to have ability to tag splits separately.
>
> I'm thinking to leave this to a new patch, in the meantime the user
> could simply make 2 separate transaction. The patch is really complex
> and large, so I think it will be better to test it and ship it.

+10 (I am allowed to increase by 10 here as project admin ;) )

> After that I would like to improve the split dialog, I never liked it
> too much...

We should work on this together. I have a few ideas in mind how to reorganize
the whole ledger view (which we still need to port to an MV basis). This
includes the display/edit of splits as well.

> > That was based on quick look. Feedback from reviewing and testing
> > tends to be
> > always negative since it points what is not working as expected, so I
> > want to
> > emphasize that I was really positively surprised how comprehensively
> > you have
> > already managed to get the tags to work. Keep up the good work.
>
> Thanks a lot! I'm not an expert programmer, I wrote some little programs
> using kde libraries several years ago and some other python programs
> that use pyqt, so writing this patch has been for me really instructive.

For that it looks really great. Keep going.

Hexdump should be compulsory at kindergarten! -- Jos van den Oever
Found on http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3569