[Kmymoney-devel] Tags

Alessandro axela74 at yahoo.it
Sun Oct 7 20:10:19 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to add 'tags' functionality to KMyMoney and I've some
questions to the developers.

I'm creating a new subclass of KMyMoneyMVCCombo: MyMoneyTagCombo, in a
similar way as the class KMyMoneyPayeeCombo

I created also a new subclass of MyMoneyObject: MyMoneyTag.

The MyMoneyTag have a valid_from and valid_to date fields (or maybe it's
better call them visible_from and visible_to, they are optional but if
filled in the transaction editor widget will appear only tags that have
the date of the transaction between valid_from and valid_to. At this
time the transaction date is filled after the filling of Category field,
and I thought to put the Tag field just after the Category one. Do you
think that the date field can be put just after the Payee field or there
is a good reason to put it where it's now?

I think that allowing tags to be hierarchical is good idea (just a
little example: the user may want to put all tags like: Paris-2010,
Rome-2011 under a parent tag named Travel) do you think that it can be
made by following the KMyMoneyCategory class (i.e. by making a subclass
of KMyMoneyCombo) or should I subclass KMyMoneyMVCCombo as I'm doing now?

Ciao,
  Alessandro