[Kmymoney-devel] Re: cmake fails on openSuse 11.4 (X64) - HELP

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 15:17:47 CET 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:32:19 +0100
Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on Friday 11 March 2011 12:53:27 aga wrote:

> > > Following up, I bodged my way past that problem, but, trying to
> > > build Alkimia, I now get -
> > >
> > > -- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
> > > CMake Error
> > > at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake:43
> > > (automoc4): Unknown CMake command "automoc4". Call Stack (most
> > > recent call
> > > first): /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake:1026
> > > (_automoc4_kde4_pre_target_handling) CMakeLists.txt:54
> > > (kde4_add_library)
> > >
> > > Am I right in thinking this is not a KMM issue, but a general
> > > build problem?
> > >
> > > Allan
> >
> > The problem I'm having seems to be that cmake is expecting libs to
> > be in /usr/lib, when they are actually in /usr/lib64.  I've copied
> > cmake and automoc4 directories from /usr/lib to /usr/lib64 and have
> > progressed somewhat, but now get -
> >
> > [  1%] Built target kmm_kdchart_automoc
> > make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libQtSvg.so', needed
> > by `lib/libkmm_kdchart.so.4.6.0'.  Stop.
> >
> > Again, it's the same issue and this lib again is in /usr/lib64, but
> > there are many, many more there and it's obvious there must be a
> > better approach.
> >
> > I'd appreciate guidance on this, while I continue googling.
>
> Just downloaded the DVDs for installation over the weekend. Need to
> make backups of everything first.
>
> Try 'cmake .. -DLIB_SUFFIX=64' and see if that makes a difference.
>
> My current (11.3 based) CMakeCache.txt file contains:
>
> thb at localhost:~/devel/kmymoney4/build> grep LIB_SUFFIX CMakeCache.txt
> LIB_SUFFIX:STRING=64
>
> and all libs have the 64 added. Also, what is the output of
>
> thb at localhost:~/devel/kmymoney4/build> kde4-config --libsuffix
> 64

OK, I'd already tried that, amongst several other permutations, but
still was having the problem.  I decided to try cmake-gui and with that
I was able to build successfully, but the plugins were in the wrong
place and weren't found.  Still had the problem when using KDev, but
finally managed with cmake-gui to complete the build and have the
plugins found.  The build is not where it needs to be, but at least
it's working.  Now to sort out the build location.

I'd picked up about  cmake .. -DLIB_SUFFIX=64 via google, but must have
had another problem at the time.  I am using that now.   kde4-config
--libsuffix is 64.

Thanks