[Kmymoney-devel] Aqbanking plugin for the KDE4 version

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:04:34 CET 2009

Hi,

As Alvaro said we feel we are getting closer to a KDE4 KMyMoney beta
release. As a KMyMoney user I think that the Aqbanking plugin
(KBanking) also should be available for this release. I would like to
know what everyone thinks about how can we make this happen as easy as
possible.

Martin do you have time to work on porting the plugin to KDE4? In case
you don't I would be happy to help.
I think that the best approach for the KDE4 version would be to have
the KBanking plugin in the KMyMoney source tree. Here are my arguments
for this:
1. it does not make much sense to keep a plugin in a separate package
if only one application can use it (it only makes things harder)
2. the life of packagers and power users would be easier if they are
ridden of the burden to install another package for an extra feature
3. I think that maintaining the plugin wouldn't be more difficult that
it is now maybe it would even become easier
4. the plugin would benefit from being in the KDE repository
(translations and other stuff)
5. we could replace the current automake based build system of the
plugin a lot easier (porting to cmake would be necessary make the KDE4
development easier)

What do you think about this?

Regards,

Cristian