Operation Mess With Deps For 5.1.6: This Weekend

Halla Rempt halla at valdyas.org
Fri May 26 12:21:12 BST 2023

Hi,

Since I cannot build the 5.1.6 release against the dependencies as currently defined in master, and cannot build dependencies from the stable branch, this weekend I intend to:

* replace the deps definitions in master with those from the 5.1.5 release time
* build all deps
* build the release
* restore the deps definitions as they are now

This is going to be tricky... And it means that during the weekend all kinds of stuff will be totally and utterly broken for people depending on the binary factory and the binary deps who are working on master.

As for working on deps yourself... Don't push it until Monday :-)

Cheers,

Halla