My meeting notes for 2023-03-20

Sharaf Zaman shzam at sdf.org
Mon Mar 20 11:28:42 GMT 2023

Hello!

I hope everybody had a good weekend and has been having a good Monday :)

To give an update on what I did last week: Firstly I merged most of my standing
merge requests, I merged my MR to improve rendering of Brush Presets, although I
had to make some modifications because they were breaking broken presets. So, it
is next in line for some optimizations.

I merged my MR for easier switching of resource locations and I fixed a bug with
cursor icon being stuck as a “hand” (bug 456183).

And finally I looked into caching prepared SQL statements that we use. I first
asked about it on phabricator (<https://phabricator.kde.org/T15245#288770>) and
was told nobody has looked into it before. I had noticed that QSqlQuery::prepare
being shown high up in the profiler, so I thought it might be a good idea to
optimize this away, but before I do a big search and replace, I want to make
sure with something more localized to see if it actually can improve performance
in Krita or not.

Kind Regards,
Sharaf Zaman
<https://www.sh-zam.com>