Detecting whether Krita comes from a store

Iván Yossi ghevan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 20:43:07 BST 2023

Hi,

For macOS app store we can check the «sandbox» entitlement to be present. We do not use this entitlement in any other deployment.

The Steam version does not use sandbox entitlement, but the entitlements from the release free version. So to identify it we could look for a subpattern of the location the krita.app is launched, on macOS seems to be «../steamapps/common/Krita» (I happen to have two steam libraries, one local and one on external drive). However if the the process for steam submission includes unpacking the dmg, we could add an empty file to the bundle contents root «steam.txt» . Afaik so long the file is not a binary there is no need for it to be codesigned, however it does needs testing.

note: There is no need to deploy to steam to test the file injection method. I’ll test today if this is allowed.

Iván Yossi
<ghevan at gmail.com>
IRC: ivanyossi