Moving to gitlab, which features to use.

Wolthera griffinvalley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 22:52:13 BST 2019

Hey everyone,

The gitlab instance is up! https://invent.kde.org/kde/krita

Now, tomorrow(friday), there's a good chance a lot of developers are
away, this is due to a variety of reasons, the least of which that all
of us have been working very hard on bugfixes past week, so please do
not run into the krita chat with fifteen thousand questions, because
likely noone there might be able to give any authorative answer :D

That said, I have updated the intro to hacking krita page [1]
(partially because scott was hoping that the developer page on
krita.org could be merged into it so there's less duplicate sources of
information, I have done this too), and I have written down the bare
basics that I know about gitlab. Jenkins might still be building the
page if you see nothing new.

Ben says that direct pushes should now be done via the gitlab url, so
this weekend do the following:

1. Login into invent.kde.org, configure your settings, add in avatars,
all the good stuff.
2. Reupload your ssh keys if you have made them. The instance cannot
get them from identity.kde.org. Ben's direct words are 'Contributors
will need to login on invent.kde.org and upload their SSH keys before
they're able to push for the first time.'
3. In your source directory, do... git remote set-url origin
git at invent.kde.org:kde/krita
    (anongit will still be able to be used for pulling, of course.)
4. Tasks have not been ported, please keep using phabricator for these.

This is all we know right now(no info on CI right now), hopefully
you'll enjoy the new interface and merge requests and forking and web
ides and what else :)

[1] : https://docs.krita.org/en/untranslatable_pages/intro_hacking_krita.html

--
Wolthera