Docs.krita.org has been switched to sphinx!

Wolthera griffinvalley at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:09:21 UTC 2018

Hey everyone,

https://docs.krita.org/ has been moved to sphinx, this technology switch
means that we'll be able to provide offline copies, translation
possibilities and in general the pages will be faster and safer due to
being static with a little whiff of javascript for using the search.

You can thus now go to https://docs.krita.org/fr/KritaFAQ.html for the
French version of the FAQ, and for the english language epub you can
currently go to https://docs.krita.org/en/epub/KritaManual.epub

Now, there's a lot of things that need discussing. To the point I am not
sure if the meeting of tomorrow will be sufficient. Things I cannot figure
out by my own:

1. 404 pages. All the old links won't work anymore, and we don't even have
a custom 404 page. How should we go about resolving this.
2. How should we decide upon a draft/proofingreading workflow?
3. How should we decide the translation process.
   The translation process is to generate pot files with gettext, then to
generate po files, have those translated, and then sphinx can generate mo
files and use those for a language specific build.
   3.1. Where should the PO files go?
   3.2. Maybe we should remove certain pages(contributor's manual) from the
POT files with some kind of script?
   3.3. Where do we want the epubs to go, and should we try to name them
according to language?
4. Protocol for removing pages.
5. EPUB files are build by jenkins too. I've configured the conf.py so that
we get git commit hashes in the EPUB identifier and the html footer when
you build locally, but Jenkins doesn't have access to the git commit for
technical reasons(only the build url). How do we figure out which version
of the manual the epub is build on when its made by jenkins?

Anyway, those are some of the basic points I am a little confused about.

--
Wolthera