Krita manual/document translation through KDE svn + Crowdin

Yunhe Guo guoyunhebrave at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:40:13 BST 2018

Dear Krita developers,

I am Guo Yunhe, from KDE Simple Chinese community and managing the
Crowdin translation project. On Crowdin, we translated Krita app to
100% (mainly Tyson Tan's contribution). Recently, Link Adrifting asked
me how to add Krita document/manual to Crowdin. Then I did some
research.

The easiest way is to generate *.pot files and copy it to KDE SVN. Location:

/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/docmessages/extragear-graphics

It doesn't support folder structure. So we should rename all pot files from:

user_manual/introduction_from_other_software/introduction_from_photoshop.po

to:

krita--user_manual--introduction_from_other_software--introduction_from_photoshop.po

(prefixed with krita, use -- to replace / )

Then these files are available for translators in SVN and those Simple
Chinese translators in Crowdin.

I noticed here are already French translation in Git. No problem. we
won't affect these translations. Just copy
/trunk/l10n-kf5/zh_CN/docmessages/extragear-graphics/krita--* to Git,
then you will have both French and Simple Chinese translations.

So the workflow is:

1. Build *.pot files with Sphinx commands.
2. Rename and copy these files to SVN:
/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/docmessages/extragear-graphics
3. We will sync KDE SVN and Crowdin. Simple Chinese team will translate it.
4. Copy and rename Simple Chinese translation from
/trunk/l10n-kf5/zh_CN/docmessages/extragear-graphics to Git
5. Build translated document.

For us, Simple Chinese team, it is easy to make a script for this. The
only problem is that can we get the permission to push to Git folder
`locale/zh_CN/`? (I already have KDE Git write permission)

Guo