I would like to help with Animation by developing a plugin

Benjamin Summerton def.pri.pub at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 17:18:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was asking about this in the IRC channel, but I'd like to ask in the
mailing list, since `Wolthera` told me that `tyyppi` and `dmitryK|log` were
away at the time.

I've developed my own Animation software before (e.g.:
https://16bpp.net/blog/post/blit-a-retrospective-on-my-largest-project-ever),
and I'm doing it again this time, but it's more geared to be more of a free
Dragonframe replacement (w/ live camera feed, capture, & controls).  I've
already done quite a bit and I'm starting to get a little burned out and I
think it might be better to develop a plugin for an existing application
that has Animation support rather than make all of my own stuff.

I'm looking for help with a few things:
 1. Krita's Animation system
 2. How Krita saves files
 3. How to develop a plugin for Krita