Krita is GPLv3-only; was: Relicensing Krita as LGPLv2+

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 15:38:29 UTC 2017

Hi, Boud!

On 26.04.2017 17:25, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> GPL, 50% LGPL.
> I just wanted to revisit this issue. We actually already have a number of files
> that are GPL V3:
>
> boud at thinkstation:~/dev/krita> git grep -i "version 3 as"
> libs/ui/input/wintab/qxcbconnection.cpp:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/input/wintab/qxcbconnection_xi2.cpp:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/input/wintab/qxcbconnection_xi2.h:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/qtlockedfile/qtlockedfile.cpp:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/qtlockedfile/qtlockedfile.h:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/qtlockedfile/qtlockedfile_unix.cpp:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/qtlockedfile/qtlockedfile_win.cpp:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/qtsingleapplication/qtlocalpeer.cpp:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/qtsingleapplication/qtlocalpeer.h:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/qtsingleapplication/qtsingleapplication.cpp:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free
> libs/ui/qtsingleapplication/qtsingleapplication.h:** General Public License version 2.1 or version 3 as published by the Free

These files can be used as both GPL 2.1 and GPL 3

> Or V3+
>
> git grep -i "version 3 of"
>
> libs/ui/input/wintab/kis_tablet_support_win_p.h: *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
This file has a weird license. It is an explicit fork from Qt that is
dual-license: 2.1 and 3.0

> libs/widgetutils/kis_action_registry.cpp: *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
> libs/widgetutils/kis_action_registry.h: *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
This is true 3.0
> libs/widgetutils/xmlgui/KisShortcutsDialog_p.cpp: *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
> libs/widgetutils/xmlgui/KisShortcutsEditor_p.cpp: *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
> libs/widgetutils/xmlgui/KisShortcutsEditor_p.h: *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
> libs/widgetutils/xmlgui/kshortcutschemeseditor.h: *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
This is also an explicit fork, but from KDE, where they are 2.1 and 3.0

> plugins/tools/selectiontools/kis_selection_modifier_mapper.cc: * version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
> plugins/tools/selectiontools/kis_selection_modifier_mapper.h: * version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version

Basically, we have four files that are GPL 3. The rest are effectively
"GPL 2.1 and GPL 3".

--
Dmitry Kazakov