Retiring the OpenJPEG (jp2) plugin

Fazekas László mneko at freemail.hu
Tue Aug 2 09:28:37 UTC 2016

Honestly I had no idea yet that Krita can use jpeg2000... Actually it's
the picture format of the movie frames inside the DCP format (with XYZ
color space). However, DCP is a final export format for cinema
projection but it's very hard to play in real time without special
hardware. I think it's not really used for compositing and animation. At
least that's what I see. So I think it's safe to remove.

What would be better to support for animation is the DPX format. It's
uncompressed, the native capture format of the BMD cards and I think
it's widely used in high quality digital video/cinema projects, like
color grading.

Fazek