plugin or filter distribution, resynthesizer

lloyd konneker bootch at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 19 14:18:06 UTC 2015

OK, thanks.

Now I need a little more motivation.  Is the resynthesizer something that Krita user’s would actually use?

Again, I have a very shallow understanding of Krita, but it seems it has a slightly different use case: creative painting rather than photo retouching.   Resynthesizer (in its most useful variant, “Heal selection”) does “I don’t like this area, please replace it to look like its surroundings.”  But does the user think of “strokes” or other objects that they can edit/move, and does a filter such as resynthesizer need to understand those objects?  Or would that all be transparent to the filter code (as well as the Undo mechanism?)  I guess my question is related to the GIMP’s move towards GEGL and a pipeline/graph of forever editable operations.

I’m not sure that there is a Debian maintainer, or what distribution streams resynthesizer is in.

Maybe it makes more sense to port resynthesizer to Gmic but maybe they already have a different algorithm (seam carving?) for the same operation.