Krita Sprint 2014, Saturday Meeting

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Tue May 20 14:24:00 UTC 2014

Hi Boud,

Thanks a lot indeed for your very interesting summary about the Krita Sprint :-)

> Qt5 and Tablet Support
> Boud and Dmitry will join the Qt Developer Summit in Berlin to work
> together with two digians on tablet support in Qt5.

About this specific point (Tablet support), in the long future (I mean Version 3 and subsequent) IMHO it would be extremely useful for Krita to get a slot  as regards the software shipped with the Wacom tablets.

For instance, I have just checked for the Intuos Pro Special edition tablet all software bundled (mostly as trials versions) with this tablet, namely:
-Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 11
-Autodesk® Sketchbook® Express
-Anime Studio® Debut 8
-Corel ®Painter™ 13 - 30 day trial
-Nik® Color Efex Pro 4 Select Edition

For the Wacom users it would be amazing to opt for Krita since it is open source (these users might unleash all its power, for free, on their tablets).
For Krita, this choice might allow to reach a huge amount of users :-)

Needless to say, I suppose it is not_that_easy... :-)

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso