Getting back to Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jul 19 07:27:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014, Yuri Fidelis wrote:

> Hey guys!
> It's been a long time, I've been ridiculously busy with work and school, but I want to get back to Krita. Do some artwork with it, and
> help the community a bit.
>
> I need to make a new version of the Shortcuts Reference Sheet, and hopefully make the web interactive keyboard I wanted to make ages
> ago.

Cool!

> So, I need to get up to speed with installing. I'm on a Mac now, so what is the easiest way by now to get the git master version of
> Krita running on a Kubuntu VM?

It's best to have a vm system that can do opengl acceleration, after that,
you have a choice of using Krita Lime or building Krita using the cats
guide:
http://www.davidrevoy.com/article193/building-krita-on-linux-for-cats

> And congratulations everyone for the Kickstarter! I'm a big fan of Krita and very excited for it's future. If you need testing for the
> Mac port I'm available. Promise.

Well, there are a host of known problems already... But feel free to play
with the builds I make -- there was a new one yesterday, this time with
all brush engines :-)