The resource bundle and resource md5 sums.

Wolthera griffinvalley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:34:14 UTC 2014

So, right now, the resource bundle uses md5 sums to figure out which preset
is part of it. However, these md5sums, which are stored in the manifest.xml
are bogus.
I do not know why they are bogus, but I am hoping to implement a bit of
functionality that is half work-around and half kinda necessary anyway:

First, Krita always installs all bundles upon start-up. I suggest we us
this chance for the bundle to collect all the md5sums of the resources it
installs.

Then, we get it to check it against all the manifest md5sums, when these
are mismatched, we tell the user "Ah, it seems that these brushes have
mismatching md5sums with the bundle's manifest. They may have gotten
corrupted udring download:
<list of brushes>"

That way, the user actually can see the use of these weird numbery things.

Then, when Krita deinstalls a bundle, it'll use the md5sums of what it
knows it installed instead of the list in the manifest.

Does this sound like a plan? We can then later figure out why the manifest
md5sums are nonsense.

--
Wolthera