Artists, which colorspaces do you use and why?

David Revoy davidrevoy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 18:49:26 UTC 2013

Hi Lukas,
Always cool to have Krita&G'mic news ;-)
I think you already know what I use : mainly 8-bit RGBA to keep
compatibility with *.ora saving and so, other software ( and also
Artscriptk with calligraconverter for my client's preview jpg and various
web export ).
I also use CMYK but at the end of an artwork, to convert, correct and
manage what ink pass will affect my colors from printing machine ( cleaning
colors ).
I don't think I expect to apply Gmic filter at this late step. But I admit
a Gmic filter as in Color>Mixer[CMYK] ( http://i.imgur.com/d8KVmP2.jpg ) or
any other color correction filters could add a bit more of CMYK control and
fun to this step.
-David
http://www.davidrevoy.com