Solution for the grayscale selections

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:45:50 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> As discussed before, there are a number of places where we need to check
> whether we get into trouble:
>
> * brush mask generation without alpha channel

Currently, the paint ops generate the mask exactly into the alpha channel.
So the data about the current color is simply lost. You will have to
rewrite the paintops to mix this value to the resulting singlebyte pixel.
More than that, the resulting composite op will never work like
COMPOSITE_OVER. It'll only be able to work like COMPOSITE_ADD, which is
quite different.

> * (possibly) the conversion between colorspaces with and without alpha
> channel in KoColorSpace::bitBlt

To make this conversion you need to have two colorspaces first. And to have
two colorspaces you need to tell the paint ops to use some other colorspace.

> * specific composite ops for the gray without alpha channel colorspace

They will never work like usual COMPOSITE_OVER. And to generate a dab in
such colorspace we need to make changes in all the paint ops.

--
Dmitry Kazakov