Proposal: Canvas Interaction Enhancements

Ramón Miranda mirandagraphic at gmail.com
Mon May 21 18:53:05 UTC 2012

**Canvas navigation *
I have reviewed David Revoy proposal (
http://david.revoy.free.fr/forums/krita/2012-05-17_Krita-keyboard-navigation.pdf)
and i have to say i like it very much. Is a very good proposal because fits
the proposed universal actions
Also adds the fast and precise way that blender uses in his shortcuts. so i
think this is a +1 too.
There will not be problems with keys because  Shift and Ctrl + barspace are
the same in most keyboards i think.

 I have mapped the HAnd tool to "C" key because is near from "B" key. (but
is a very pesonal choice.) i don use C to colors. i use colors from Color
Wheel docker and pressing Ctrl+ click.

SpaceBar = We can understand this key globally as Canvas stuff. spacebar is
used for lot of apps to do panning. Then we can use "modificators" Shift or
Ctrl to alter the main behaviour.
Shift = Rotation feature.
Ctrl = Zoom feature

unifies mypaint and krita behaviour on canvas interaction. makes easier for
new krita users to understand the natural workflow.

Also this way we have 2 modes to do things.
precise: by using Arrows keys and keys.
interactive On canvas: by click and drag.

my 2 cents of experience

2012/5/17 David Revoy <davidrevoy at gmail.com>

> On 05/17/2012 02:47 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>
>> So, what would be a good list of default primary and secondary shortcuts
>> for these actions... Of course, they need to be good for qwerty to start
>> with...
>>
> I worked on a little proposition for Zoom / Pan / Rotation usability  :
> http://david.revoy.free.fr/**forums/krita/2012-05-17_Krita-**
> keyboard-navigation.pdf<http://david.revoy.free.fr/forums/krita/2012-05-17_Krita-keyboard-navigation.pdf>
> Feel free to comment.
>

> On 05/17/2012 04:44 PM, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
>
>> (And if we are bored, we could make shortcut theme downloadable on GHNS,
>> "Paint like David Revoy by using his shortcuts" ;) )
>>
> No .... I prefer it by default  XD
> ( ' kidding )

Ramón Miranda
www.ramonmiranda.com