Merged the first bits of Canvas Interaction

David Revoy davidrevoy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:21:40 UTC 2012

On 06/15/2012 03:36 PM, Arjen Hiemstra wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> Just to notify everyone, I have merged the first bits of the canvas interaction
> work just in time for the branching of 2.5. This implements the basic actions
> as described in my proposal. They are currently hard coded to the shortcuts
> listed in the proposal, the configuration still needs to be implemented, as
> well as the overlay widgets.
I was travelling and couldn't test it before today. I just updated
master 1 hour ago.
So, a big thanks for the Ctrl+Space for zoom who definitely change my
life ... So cool to play with it, thx Arjen.

Here are my observation and feedback :

- Zooming is always centered to the viewport, could it be centered in
the cursor/mouse position ( the start position when the dragging action
is performed ) ?
( ex: I start to press Ctrl+Space on keyboard ; I move my cursor hover
top left , and click to zoom = the zoom is focusing on this zone )

- When pressing Ctrl+Space+click to zoom, if I keep space hold and
release Ctrl it's not switch to panning , and the zoom continue. I would
love to can do it.
Same for reverse : While panning with space pressed, I would love to
only add control to switch to zooming.

With this navigation will be easy and smooth and fast.
Can't wait to play with an improved version.