Problems with openraster images in 2.5 beta

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 02:19:23 UTC 2012

I talk to Boudewijn about this earlier on IRC and he asked me to post here.

Opening of openraster (.ora) seems to be broken in 2.5 beta. I am
running Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Linux (64-bit). I have built Krita from
git source, and came across this issue earlier today when I was going
to edit something I originally created in MyPaint. The image in
question had been easily opened in Krita 2.4 before. I even created a
new image in MyPaint just to test. The images open fine in GIMP 2.8
also.

This is what I have observed:

1. When attempting to open a .ora file via File->Open, .ora files are
not listed in the file dialog, even if I select .ora file type
specifically.

2. If I go to the system file manager to open by right clicking (I use
xfce4 & thunar), Krita is listed as an available app to open with. If
I select Krita, a dialog pops up asking what filter I want to use. I
select 'Open Raster Archive', and a second dialog pops up with a bunch
of options for converting color and similar (don't seem relevant to
.ora). If I accept the defaults and select 'OK', I get a third dialog
with an error and "Reason: Creation Error".

If I run in a terminal, I don't see anything relevant printed to
stdout/stderr. What else can I look at or what data can I gather?
Hell, I am a C++ programmer, point me in the right code direction and
maybe I can see what needs to be fixed myself.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com