R: new sketch installer (9.38)...

Yuri Fidelis contato.yurifidelis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 21:33:07 UTC 2012

Hi! Tested the new installer (kritasketch_0.9.38.0)
Hardware:
Desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.40GHz
2GB RAM
NVidia Geforce 8500 GT with 512MB

Installation went fine.
Personal rants:
- During the installation a few cmd prompts popped up and closed. I think
it would be nice to hide that from the user as some might "freak", thinking
that something's going wrong.
- I noticed that there's an icon for Krita Sketch inside the app, which is
different from the installation and taskbar icon.

There is a considerable delay in the brushes while painting, which doesn't
happen in Krita in Ubuntu.
It got stuck when trying to open a jpeg while there was another image open.
When I tried to open the jpeg, it prompted a window asking if I wanted to
save the changes of the doc. that was open, which was strange, because I
thought the app could have more than 1 image open. Then it got stuck
at least it closed quickly.

Overall, the app is great, I love the care put in the interface, I can't
judge on many things because I'm just a painter learning to program, but
the issues I had will probably be fixed soon.
When I do more testing and find any bugs I'll surely report.

Yuri Fidélis P. P.
Blog: http://yurifids.tumblr.com/
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/yurifidelis