Choosing Krita's most annoying bugs and most sought after features

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 28 10:07:21 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 28 August 2012 Aug, Simon Legrand wrote:
> I personally would order them this way:
>
> 1- typographic text tool
> 2- overview docker
> 3- open image browser/flipbook
>
> The browser is a great idea, although dolphin is already very powerful!
> Could digikam be useful there? Maybe a digikam bridge? I love that
> software. As far as the flipbook aspect of it I think it may be tough doing
> both in one tool, especially considering that Krita may be used for fixing
> a few frames but I doubt it would be used to load and fix a full shot. We
> already have pretty robust tools for flip-booking.
>
> DJV_viewer (Open source, perfect for home use) : http://djv.sourceforge.net/
> RV (Industry standard, this is what almost all big studios use) :
> http://www.tweaksoftware.com/products/rv
> FrameCycler (Used to be industry standard) :  http://www.iridas.com/
>
> Should you want to move ahead with writing a flipbook of your own I would
> recommend RV as an initial guideline for UI and functionality.

Interesting links! I was suggesting the flipbook/browser plugin more as a way to get multiple images open in krita for easy switching -- i.e., a kind of extended tabbing interface.

For the text tool, we'd really need to first investigate what artists need out of it and then find a way to get the resources to implement it properly. I doubt that the artistic text tool will give us a proper base to work from (and the same for the multiline text tool, which is really geared towards producing text in paragraphs.)