How to get backtraces with Ubuntu 11.10 - Krita 2.4

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 27 19:34:52 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I have just installed Krita 2.4 beta 3 through the calligra-neon-project ppa  (for Ubuntu 11.10)

THANKS so much for your work!

Krita 2.4 looks magnificent on Ubuntu Ocelot - Unity Shell ;-)

I have been trying Krita 2.4 beta 3 BUT I can't get a way to get a Backtrace when Krita crashes...

How can I get them (sorry for this weird question....)?

Just to give you an example: I have just reported this crash (Bug 285123).

No matter how many times I crash Krita 2.4, through this bug, Ubuntu
Ocelot never allows me to get this backtrace (in order to send it to
you).

Krita crashes "silently" and this is it.

Is there some "package" I should install to get them with Krita 2.4  on Ubuntu 11.10 - Unity Shell?

With Ubuntu Maverick (Gnome 2.32) I always got a backtrace as soon as Krita 2.4 crashed :-)

Best regards and THANKS again in advance for your reply

Silvio Grosso