release readiness

David Revoy davidrevoy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:06:27 UTC 2011

On 24/11/2011 12:36, Timothée Giet wrote:

> 2011/11/24 Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org <mailto:boud at valdyas.org>>
>
>     ...* Preset creation (previews are broken, ...
>

> Actually, I think the current preview behavior is not bad : the
> preview is not reloaded automatically when I select another preset,
> but I still can reload the preview of the current preset by clicking
> the first icon under the preview area.
> This is good because I can use different presets to draw the preview,
> and this is cool (imagine you have to draw a preview for a smudge-only
> preset , it's useful to can switch to another to draw something then
> reselect the smudge preset and keep your work on the preview area… )
>
> One thing though this first button under preview area would deserve
> another icon, the current doesn't symbolize well the "load preview"
> action.

I have the same opinion about it. I like the current behavior for brush
creation ( the white page to retrieve old icon ) , but I also tooks a
bit of time to find it. Maybe a 'refresh' icon is more appropriate.

By the way , about brush preview since yesterday , painting inside the
preview area make Krita freeze ( one CPU 100% + modal windows of brush
preset on focus can't be escaped + icon of tools ); only way to escape
it is to open a terminal session with Ctrl+Alt+F4 and killall krita  ,
then go back to the session Ctrl+Alt+F8