branch: krita-artisticcolorselector-silvioheinrich

David REVOY davidrevoy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 23:07:09 CEST 2011

Good job,
For Art. color selector :

* I really like the 'cell based' selection, and the 'hashing' or
'splitting' of the HSV/L/Y gammut into little square. This is the first
time I saw this and this kind of selection work, and it looks good, and
easy to use ( select a color, and come back to the same color block )

* It looks like something inbetween color selector and a palette. So, I
understand if it's in a separate docker than the 'Advanced color
selector'. For my workflow, I will dock it to switch them on the top of
my right column GUI ; it will result with 3 tabs on top , Advanced color
selector / Art.Color Selector / Specific color mixer ( for Hex color
choice, and RGB / CMYK color reference ).

* As it is something looking like a palette, I looked for a button to
save the result displayed ( that mean a button to restore an old one too ).

* Outline of the cell and ring in red are a bit to hard for me, may be a
dark grey or something more neutral.

* For artistic color choice, I dream about having something similar of
this gammut mask selector :
http://www.livepaintinglessons.com/gamutmask.php , A good book for
reference about painters and colors is
http://www.amazon.fr/Color-Light-Guide-Realist-Painter/dp/0740797719
This color selector in developement make me think a lot about it, and
the research of James Gurney (the author of the book).