[calligra] krita/image: Revert "Let dirty rect to be a QRegion instead of a QRect"

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 8 21:31:39 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 08 June 2011 Jun, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> I think it would be quite good idea to make a rule to add the author of
> reverted patch to CC at least. I might have been unavailable on irc, but I
> still have to know about such reverts. I knew about it quite accidentally.

I thought I had cc'ed you, I'm sorry that I made a mistake there.

> The commit might slow down painting with very small brushes, but it
> optimizes big brushes. The revert makes just the opposite. So i would try to
> make some benchmarking before doing anything with this code.

Cyrille did the benchmarking. The difference is quite amazing, also for big brushes (like 500 pix diameter). It's basically what has been causing the crooked instead of smooth lines.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org