Branch krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich

Lukast dev lukast.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 00:03:00 CEST 2011

> I think we had this discussion last week, no? :P

Yes :) Let's document it here on mailing list ;)

> It's really not a good Idea to save global settings into a preset.
> This breaks the UI logic. From a users point of view it would be impossible
> to say what option will be saved to a preset. There is no visible indication
> (krita could save it's whole preferences into a preset).

Or we could have tool presets. Not a solution for our problem though :/
It will be needed when the multihand will be more advanced like allowing
user to define any transformation of the stroke.

Regarding the logic confusion: the opacity option in the brush editor
controls the mask opacity. That is different opacity then the one in
the tool bar.
The global opacity (in the toolbar)  is used to composite the final
dab with canvas.
So there is difference. Now there is slider in the option that
controls both..not sure
if that is good idea.

> 1. When such a tool is selected the opacity slider and the blending mode box
> will set the global opacity and compositeOp
> and the preset editor and the preset chooser will be disabled to indicate
> that this tool doesn't work with presets.

+1