Speed of Krita 2.4

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jul 30 08:02:23 CEST 2011

On Friday 29 July 2011 Jul, JL VT wrote:

> Is there an upcoming branch I should be testing to help with the speed
> bottlenecks instead?.

I haven't seen a huge drop in performance myself, but we know that the new brush outline code is slower than the old one -- and there might be other issues.

There are three steps to take:

* run the stroke benchmarks with 2.3 and master and check whether there's a big difference

* then valgrind the 2.4 benchmarks as well as krita

* then either figure out what went wrong and fix that, or bisect until you find the offending commits. I think there will be multiple, actually.