splashscreen

Bugsbane bugsbane at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 07:27:55 CEST 2011

Happy to see this happening. There's always a sense of anticipation and
collaboration in the Blender community when the new splash screen contest
begins. It's also a great way to showcase recent work. In the Blender
community (and Digikam, now I think about it), they have a standard template
which gets applied to keep branding consistent (and stop artists from being
tempted to alter the Blender logo). They also have some basic rules like no
use of logos or Suzanne (the monkey).

So, I'm wondering when we break out the splash screen contest? It could be a
nice way of garnering some extra publicity for the DVD launch (maybe the
winner gets a free copy or something?) We wouldn't have to have the
competition end by the DVD launch, just start.