Krita 2.4 on Windows: pros and cons

Ramón Miranda mirandagraphic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:24:13 CEST 2011

I agree with David
" For Beta tester volunteers only : a first unstable beta version of
Krita forWindows is out. Not suited for production ...etc.... "

anyway how much users are reporting bugs to Krita devs? and how many people
are using Krita ? and for which tasks exactly? maybe it would be interesting
to know this kind of things.

2011/7/19 JL VT <pentalis at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:26 AM, David REVOY <davidrevoy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> > But then it does not mean we should not release the installer. We
>> > can mark the release as "beta" (GMail users ;) ) "unstable" or other
>> > marketing trick :)
>> >
>> +1 : A software never have twice opportunity to make a positive first
>> Impression to a large crowd
>> As Windows users are mostly leecher when it's about 'free stuff' and
>> 'FLOSS' ; taging the Windows release as :
>> " For Beta tester volunteers only : a first unstable beta version of
>> Krita forWindows is out. Not suited for production ...etc.... "
>>

> I like how this way to present the software shifts the burden toward the
> users of the release instead of the developers. By saying the release is
> "for Beta testers only" if someone tests the application and feels it is
> crap, he won't feel entitled to make a blog post bashing the application
> without first making a bunch of bug reports and waiting for answers first.
>  More than someone will tweet and blog that the application is bad anyway,
> but peer reaction may point more toward defending the application's "beta
> for testers" status instead of bashing it for not being ready for
> production.
>
> Good trick!.
>
> ... will make critissism and first article less violent :-P and surely
>> will create exitement waiting stable.
>>
>> Think about "Blender 2.5" marketing strategy during it's loooong period
>> of unstability ...

Ramón Miranda
www.ramonmiranda.com
GPS project