Regarding Tagging for Image Docker

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Sun Aug 7 23:25:54 UTC 2011

Am 07.08.2011 15:43, schrieb శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర:

> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Silvio Heinrich <plassy at web.de
> <mailto:plassy at web.de>> wrote:
>
>     Am 06.08.2011 03:52, schrieb శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర:
>     > How should the GUI should look and do we need any separate tab so that
>     > in that tab we have all tagging functionality ?
>     >

>     I would like to have the functionality of assigning tags to an image in
>     the second tab (the image viewer) in a popup widget (like the zoom
>     options).
>

> Like  a pop widget means, Can we use the one like dolphin uses for tags
> or any other ?

I mean the control elements (line edit and stuff) should be placed in a
popup widget instead of placing them directly in the image viewer widget
because the area to show the picture should be as vast as possible.

> This type of tree view,is sufficient
> |  Line Edit                                          |
> | > Comics                                            |
> |   > > Images tagged with comics          |
> | > Paint                                                |
> |   > >  images tagged with paint             |
> | > Line Drawing                                    |
> |   > > Images tagged with Line Drawing |
>  --------------------------------------------------
>
> By using lineedit, we can filter the tag types and if it is empty, it
> will show all.
>
> What will be if the images have more than one tag ?

If one image has multiple tags assigned it should appear under all those
tags.

If image A has "comics" and "paint" tag it will appear in both categories:

Comics
    > Image A
    > Image B

Paint
    > Image A
    > Image C

I suggest that the TreeView should also show thumbnails of the images or
it will get pretty annoying if you have a huge image collection.