Patch for smudge

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Sep 23 19:26:48 CEST 2010

On Thursday 23 September 2010, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Thursday 23 September 2010, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> > > Cyrille's patch: (normal) bad, increases opacity and black smudges;
> > > (copy) good but with white square artifact on the right side of the
> > > dab.
> >
> > I work on the square artifact. If you setup spacing to 0, the effect is
> > less visible. Check the article boud sent to this thread with notice
> > about spacing.
>
> Yes but it is a different problem. To convince yourself, smudge with the
> same settings on a transparent layer and on a non-transparent layer. And
> you will get the block effect on the transparent layer and not on the
> non-transparent one.
Here is a new version of the patch that fix one regression (that when you
smudge with changing size, you might get "old" colors back, I don't remember
the reference of the bug :) ).
I was hoping it would also solve our current problem, but no.

However, the apparition of black around the edge of smudge is worrying. I am
starting to wonder if we shouldn't use a different composite op for
copyPainter. An inbetween COPY and NORMAL.

--
Cyrille Berger