QtConcurrent mask procession - proof of concept

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Oct 23 10:08:40 CEST 2010

On Saturday 23 October 2010, David REVOY wrote:
> > Maybe you have an i7
> Yep, a fresh one :) ( 870 )  I'm highly interrested in all works done
> about performance . How to apply a patch ? (surely it something
> obviously simple for a developper, but I prefer to ask a link to a good
> and compatible doc before 'google it' )

* Make sure your checkout of Krita trunk is completely up to date
* save sven's patch to your home directory
* go to koffice/krita/plugins/paintops/libbrush
* execude this command in that directory: "patch -p0 < ~/qtconcurrentmask.diff"

then make and install as usual. For added responsiveness, build in kritadevs mode, not the default debug mode. This is a switch for cmake: -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=KritaDevs

Something like:

cmake $srcFolder -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/boud/kde/inst -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=TRUE -DHAVE_MEMORY_LEAK_TRACKER=FALSE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=KritaDevs

Now I noticed from your screenshot that you have almost all debug messages enabled. If you find and install an application called "kdebugdialog" (I am not sure where in *buntu or mint that is) you can run that, check the "disable all debug output" checkbox and press ok.

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse