releasability update

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Tue Oct 5 16:07:47 CEST 2010

On tisdag 05 oktober 2010, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> I propose:
> o I can spent more time on the smudge problem, but I don't have any ideas
> to test, it will be quite huge exploration programming

Probably:
add a composite op that does:
pixel1 * a + pixel2 * (1-a) (on all channels)

with a = pixel1_alpha / ( pixel2_alpha + (1- pixel2_alpha) * pixel1_alpha *
opacity * mask )

Which translate to:
svn cp KoCompositeOpOver.h KoCompositeOpBlend.h
s/Over/Blend in KoCompositeOpBlend.h
Remove line 34 of KoCompositeOpBlend.h

Add a mechanism that inhibits l101 of KoCompositeAlphaBase.h in case of
KoCompositeOpBlend.h.

Add the new composite op to the color spaces, use it in line 169 of
kis_smudge_op.cpp

And if that does not work, an alternative is to set the alpha channel (in the
blend composite op) to:
pixel1_alpha * a + pixel2_alpha * (1-a)

with a = opacity * mask

Good luck ;)