Action plan 2

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Wed May 19 18:57:55 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net>wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 May 2010, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > As tool is what most other apps have. It has the advantage that it would
> be
> > easy to discover and can be used with all paintops.
> I had like to remind you that we have decided Krita to be a *high-end*
> application, meaning that discountability is not one of our top concern,
> what
> is our top concern is ease-of-use. And I fail to see how a tool would solve
> that, except that tools are quicker to click. But a possible solution is to
> use tool buttons for paintops (either for all of them and relying on KDE's
> tool combobox when there are too many of them, or for a few selected ones).
> Then the eraser paintop could be user visible, without breaking Krita's
> design
> :)

Showing paintops as tool buttons doesn't solve the erase problem, I think.

I want to have the possibility to use every tool with every paintop to erase
something. That can be done with erase composite op, but that is a bit
annoying to use. We should try to make a shortcut like the button Boud
suggested.