Photographic features and other non-paint features)

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Mar 8 10:32:29 CET 2010

On Monday 08 March 2010, Michael Thaler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The problem of pixelize and oilpaint is that they give a "generic" feel,
> > in Krita we want to achieve same results, but by the artist hand.
>
> Pixelize could be implemented as a paintop, couldn't it?
Yes and thinking about it, isn't it exactly what the grid op does ?

> For oilpaint: In painter you can clone an image, then paint on the clone
> using some brush and take the color from the original image. This way an
> oilpaint (or watercolor etc.) effect can be easily created. In my opinion,
> the clone feature is one of the best features in painter and something
> similar in Krita would be amazing.
Yes, not sure if it belongs to the clone tool. Since you would need to have an
uniform color when drawing. But we have barely scratch what is possible to do
with colors and drawing in Krita so far, and I would imagine that a color mode
for the "brush" tool that automatically pick the color on a layer could work
very well for that effect (either continuously or on first stroke).

> By the way: I think having a MDI modus in Krita would be quite useful.
> Quick clone in painter creates a second clone image and it is useful to
> have the original and the copied image next to each other.
Well we have multiview (and multiwindow for that matter but the docker are a
bit in the way). What could be cool is a "tracking" mode for view where all
view show the same position, but with different visible layers, or something
like that (but it is not easy at all to implement the different visibility
thing).

--
Cyrille Berger