Krita handbook - Fundamentals - Starting Krita

Mag. Leonhard Landrock 1977-Hamlet at gmx.at
Mon Feb 22 21:42:25 CET 2010

Am Montag 22 Februar 2010 10:52:29 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Sunday 21 February 2010, Mag. Leonhard Landrock wrote:

> > Still not answered.
> > Maybe one of the core programmers can say what the maximum values for the
> > dimensions of an image are.  ;-)
>
> Sorry, I was fixing my bathroom this weekend and didn't read my mail :-)
>
> We don't really have a sensible limit here: 100000000 x 100000000 is what's
>  in the code, but creating images of that size really doesn't work. Maybe
>  we should set a likely limit like 32000x32000 for now?

I would prefer to keep the limit as is. Who knows what computers will be able
to handle in the next years.

I will add the information about the limit to the handbook.

> > > Are you using 2.1 ? For 2.2, we have fixed and add the resolution unit
> > >
> > >  which is ppi (aka pixels-per-inch)
> >
> > Still open: What is the maximum value for the resolution?
>
> 99999 -- again not a sensible limit. Should we have something else here,
>  like 4800 dpi?

Again: I would prefer to keep the limit as is. Who knows what computers will
be able to handle in the next years.  ;-)

I will add the information about the limit to the handbook.

> > > It is supposed to give the screen size. Sounds buggy, for me it gave
> > > the screensize - plasma panel.
> >
> > Shall I open a bug a bugs.kde.org?
>
> Yes, please.

Will be done.

> > > Infinity :) (or rather bound by memory)

> > > Of course. Actually it might be local dependant... But nowdays, most
> > > linux
> > >
> > >  are utf8 by default.
> >
> > I have noticed that the description gets entered to the comments section
> > of the document information. Does the document information have no bounds
> > either?
>
> No -- well, both are bounded by the maximum content of a QString, which is
> int_max: 2147483647, in other words, there is no limit for all practical
> purposes.

OK.

Once again: I will add the information about the limit to the handbook.  :-)

Thanks a lot for giving such accurate answers!

Good evening,
Leonhard.

PS: Please do not expect the handbook to be updated before the weekend.