Mypaint paintop branch

Martin Renold martinxyz at gmx.ch
Mon Dec 27 12:53:50 CET 2010

Thanks for your efforts to integrate my brush engine into Krita :-)

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:03:21PM +0100, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > Oh, great! What is still missing?
>
> -the end of the previous and the start of the next stroke get connected

I fixed this, patch is attached. I also fixed the horrible time resolution
(one timestamp per line drawn, instead of one timestamp per event), which
was causing the default brush to look very different from how it should.

> -some brushes are really slow
> -we are behind the current version of mypaint so not compatible with recent
> brushes

I guess this is just tilt support missing, and some minor stuff. The brush
engine has hardly seen any changes during the last years.  I'm pretty sure
that over 90% of the current mypaint brushes will behave exactly the same
with your old version as they would with the most recent one.

> These are the biggest, but there might be more that I haven't noticed yet.

I haven't checked it further yet. Next thing to try would be watercolor, or
any other brush using the "smudge" setting.

--
Martin Renold