about free interaction design for your open source project

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Aug 21 10:34:23 CEST 2010

Hi Matt,

I'm Boudewijn Rempt, the maintainer of Krita (http://www.krita.org), a painting application for digital artists. It's a project with a largish team of developers and artists who give feedback on our application. We've recently gone through a session defining vision for our application with Peter Sikking (who has also worked on the Gimp), and we're really interested in improving the interaction design of our application and we would love to work together with one of your students.

As a project, we've got quite a bit of experience working with students, for instance during the Google Summer of Code, and I have been a mentor to a group of about a dozen students in Bangalore who were working on a related project, the mobile version of KOffice, FreOffice.