Canvas rotation preliminary patch

enki enkithan at free.fr
Fri Aug 13 13:04:02 CEST 2010

  On 13/08/2010 10:21, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> The reviewboard seems to be down right now, so i'm sending the patch here.
> http://dimula73.narod.ru/coordinates_refactor_v6.patch
>
> What is implemented:
> o Mirroring Ctrl+I
> o Rotation Ctrl+[, Ctrl+]
> o Reset canvas Ctrl+'
good job!

> Known bugs:
> 1) I still do not change the scroll area of KoCanvasController, so the
> canvas picture may be cropped when rotated
> 2) There is a strange bug:
>     1. Switch to openGL canvas
>     2. Switch back QPainter canvas
>     3. Open configuration dialog, do not change anything, press ok
>     4. Try to zoom: KisPrescaledProjection in NOT updated
>
> I don't know what is the reason of this bug yet, but it's really
> difficult to reproduce ;)

I encountered these bugs :

* Pan tool becomes erratic when the canvas has a 90° rotation.
* If the image is elongated, it's impossible to move the view to some
areas of the image (apart from zooming out). You can also see that
Scrollbars around the viewport don't change with rotation.
* The brush resizing gesture (SHIFT + LMB) rotates with the canvas. So
if you rotate of 90°, you have to move up/down instead of moving
left/right to resize the brush.

I only tested with OpenGL canvas for now.