Review Request: KRITA: fix for Bug 185767 - Tool buttons don't get disabled on shape layer

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Apr 11 19:45:24 CEST 2010

On Sunday 11. April 2010 19.27.52 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> The reason why Krita does not hide its pixel painting tools when switching
> to shape layers is that it confuse users.

Fine with me :)

The question on my mind is how Krita does this, there has to be some code in
Krita to make all those tools show up as it looks like its doing things
differently than in, for example, Karbon.

The way I see it is that Krita chooses to disable tools where other apps
choose to just not show them. (which is fine). The problem is that they are not
disabled right now. And I'm wondering if thats easy to solve. But I'm not
sure. It depends on what Krita is doing to always have those krita tools
visible.
--
Thomas Zander